God´s Gift to Humanity
Allow me to spend a few moments with you to reflect on the beauty of the Birth of Jesus Christ together and the gift that God the Creator has sent to the world; Baby Jesus in a manger.
The Bible says God loved the world so much that He sent his only Son to become (Human) like ourselves in order to regain what Heaven had lost when Adam & Eve failed.
That gift is what we celebrate every Christmas season in remembering God´s promise to send the Savior...and we in turn, exchange gifts, we renew our love, we put an end to our animosities, and we try to give back to God what we owe him (our existence, and life in this world and the new world to come.)
What can we give back to God, our Creator, who owns everything? Can we give Him anything? Yes we can give God a lot...namely our love and our hearts. This is what God wants from us. He does not want much!
- To love our neighbors as ourselves - To love our enemies and forgive them - To forgive those who may cheat us and/or take advantage of us - To love all people regardless of race, color, rank, status, etc... - To love the homeless, the poor orphans and poor widows who often have no bed or roof as shelter, or a loaf of bread to satisfy their hunger, or have no money to buy medicine - To teach ourselves and our children to live as if we had nothing, to remain humble and willing to serve since life is a gift of God and health, success and fame, etc. are his blessings, too.
- To teach ourselves and our children how to share what we have with those who are less fortunate and less privileged - To encourage our children. This cannot be done only in telling them what to do and not to do, but mostly by being the right example (or model) for them in real life, especially as children often imitate their parents.
• Encourage them to have God first in their life (not as number 20 on their priority list)
• God is a Parent and we are his children if we accept this and believe in it
• He wants to have relations with us like Father and Son, Mother and Daughter, Grandpa & Grandma.
However, many times we close our door in the face of God, due to many urgent priorities in life and that does make Him unhappy. Are we not unhappy when we are far away from our beloved ones?
God wants us to live forever, not only one hundred years, and to inherit everything He created for us just as we want our children to inherit what we have.
Above all, God wants everything in the world, in Heaven and below, to be ours to run and manage because when Jesus comes again, death will be no more. There will be no more wars, violence, killing and hatred since God, with the Saints and the Angels, will rule over an eternal world with no end.
The new world that God wants us to have will be without disease, poverty, lacking, or ageing, and without death. The Bible says that He will wipe away our tears and He will not allow any more the separation of our beloved ones!
This is the gift of God, the baby who was born 2000 years ago in a manger, to give us eternal life and to teach us how to forgive and to remain humble, no matter who we are! To get this beautiful promise of eternal life, God is inviting all of us to follow His teachings and apply them in our daily life. The decision is ours… if we choose God´s teaching we will live with our beloved ones, in the new world, forever and ever because God is the source of life.